What are your plans this summer? Hopefully, they include the library and all the wonderful summer reading fun that begins June 1.
Readers of every age (yes, every age) play the same game and track their progress on a gameboard or online. Gameboards are available at all branches and to print on demand in English, Spanish, Korean, and simplified Chinese at hclibrary.org/summer.
- READ BOOKS, including eBooks, audiobooks, graphic novels, and more. Reading can be substituted for any activity. We have book lists available for every age group from pre-K through adults.
- DO ACTIVITIES, chosen from the list provided on the gameboard and online via ReadSquared. All activities can be repeated.
- WIN PRIZES! Visit hclibrary.org/summer to find out how your age group wins prizes.
Once you complete any combination of reading and activities, you are eligible for prizes (which differ for various ages). Summer reading is sponsored by Friends & Foundation of HCLS, and it’s part of the A+ Partnership with Howard County Public School System.
Visit our branches!
Have you visited all six locations, each with its own individual specialty:
- Makerspace and new children’s area, Glenwood Branch
- Equity Resource Center, Central Branch
- New flowers and other plants at the Enchanted Garden, Miller Branch
- Teen area and classroom, East Columbia Branch
- DIY tools and classes, Elkridge Branch
- Recording booth and study rooms, Savage Branch
We have books and resources to make you swoon in beautiful buildings that stay cool as the temperatures pick up. Make regular visits part of your summer routine and summer memories.
Classes, activities, and events happen all summer!
We offer a full complement of fun classes and events for babies and kids, teens, and adults! Great group classes are available every day! Visit hclibrary.org > classes & events to find all the terrific choices. We’re planning outdoor classes, hands-on, creative activities, and STEM classes for all ages. And, look for community celebrations happening at our branches throughout the summer. Check hclibrary.org/summer for details, coming soon.
Just for fun (because summer readers like to have fun!), check out this video: