As of Tuesday, December 20, Howard County Library System offers video games!
For this pilot project, we have a small selection of games for XBox, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4 and 5. Games are rated E, E10+, and T. Here’s what you need to know:
- Almost everyone* can borrow games from the collection.
- Due to limited supply, you can borrow one item at a time. Since this collection is new and small, we want to give as many customers as possible the opportunity to borrow a video game.
- You can keep the game for one week and renew it for another week, if no one else is waiting for it.
- You can reserve one game through our catalog at hclibrary.org.
- Overdue fines are $1 per day, with a $10 maximum.
- If you don’t return a game within 28 days after it’s due, we’ll charge you the cost to replace it. So please return your game!
Visit your library, pick up a game case, then take it to the customer service desk to get the game.
*Games may not be borrowed with these types of library cards: Educators, Homebound, Satellite Collections, DIY, and Temporary Residents.